Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Astronomy Activities Manual

Last month saw the publication of my "Astronomy Activities Manual" from Kendall Hunt. If you're looking for in-class activities and a few lab exercises and assignments for students in your undergrad intro astro class, Kendall Hunt has published a wide of activities by numerous authors over the years. You can pick and choose the ones you like and put them together into a custom workbook (and the authors get royalties). I've taken existing activities that I think will work well in my class and added a dozen or so of my own, mostly for the extragalactic half of the course. If you're interested, check out the table of contents below and contact Richard Ludlow at Kendall Hunt (rludlow At kendallhunt.com) to get a sample copy.  (PS - it's not a typo; there is no Lab IV in the book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment