Friday, November 5, 2010

Week On, Week Off

I was on vacation from last Thursday afternoon through Tuesday afternoon; only work-related item done was to send off a reference letter for my former grad student Ali Rafiee. Wednesday through Friday of this week was spent catching up on email, advising my student Jesse Rogerson on his Master's thesis, and reading through the job applications and reference letters for the postdoctoral fellowship I've advertised to work with me at York starting next year. I narrowed it down to a shortlist of six people, including my first choice and the runner-up, and made an offer to my first choice today. It's likely the decision won't be finalized until early next year, after the results of prestigious fellowship competitions are announced, but I'm pleased with the shortlisted applicants.

No comments:

Post a Comment